Riel vs. Rizal
Last month, many lucky Manitobans had the pleasure of sleeping in on a Monday “Louis Riel Day” morning. In my own extended sleep, I couldn’t help but compare our own Philippine national hero, Jose Rizal, and his special day of commemoration in December. So, in this article I figured I would share who I think is more deserving of their day of commemoration. How did their day of commemorations first come about? Is there any significance to why they are celebrated on a certain day of the year? To answer these questions let’s get to know them first.
More Articles ...
- When I Grow Up
- Exceptional photos without the exceptional price tag
- A cycle of opinion
- Urgent care crisis and the aftermath
- Early dismissal
- What about the kids? Coping with immigraton
- First-time non-voter
- Comparing education
- Keeping the Filipino in Filipino-Canadian
- Two days to remember this November