The distinctive homes of Fortune Homes
George Kwan founded Fortune Homes in 1989 as a custom home building company aimed at homeowners looking for a distinctive, one-of-a-kind home. Fortune Homes builds unique houses that push the boundaries of technology and sustainability, winning industry awards in the area of innovation. Fortune Homes is now considered one of the premier home builders in Winnipeg and is a long-standing member of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association and the Manitoba Home Builders’ Association.
George Peralta Yturalde Kwan. George was born and raised in Pandan, Antique, the son of a well-known businessman and brother of three sisters. After finishing high school at Pandan Bay Institute, he enrolled at Colegio de San Juan de Letran in Manila where he majored in Engineering for two years before switching to Business Administration.
In 1974, at the height of martial law and following the death of his father, George immigrated to Canada where he joined his mother and two of his siblings. Almost immediately, George started working at the University of Manitoba as a mainframe computer operator. He was eventually promoted to Computer Shift Supervisor before retiring in 2011 after 37 years of service. George now dedicates his time to Fortune Homes with his youngest son, Mark.
More Articles ...
- An Anthology of Filipino-Canadian writing
- Canada Philippine Parliamentary Friendship Group
- Pandemic gives birth to Filipino travel book
- Salon De Manila III
- Jim Agapito on recovering his cultural roots
- Max’s Restaurant: an enduring Pinoy legacy
- MAFTI launches a bilingual program in Winnipeg School Division
- Pinays MB continues strong campaign for women despite pandemic
- Filipino-Canadian population approaches one million