Noralyn “Mama Nors” Pua
Cooking with love and passion
Noralyn “Mama Nors” Pua in her kitchen at 642 Leila Avenue in Winnipeg (Mask lowered for photo.)
by Lucille Nolasco Garrido
We have all done it – we buy cooked food or ulam because we are pressed for time or we treat ourselves to good food cooked outside of our homes.
For Winnipeggers living in the Garden City area, you can depend on Mama Nors Kitchen to provide a variety of tasty food, any day.
Noralyn Pua, or “Mama Nors” from Cavite, serves as the main chef of this small enterprise along Leila Avenue. Helping her with the day-to-day running of the business is her husband, David, and children, Vanessa, Valerie, and Vincent.
Pilipino Express talked to Mama Nors, who told us about the challenges and rewards of running their family business.
More Articles ...
- Manitoba honours Fred De Villa
- Canadian economist wins a Nobel Prize
- Dmitry Andreyevich Muratov
- U.S. border reopens to fully vaccinated Canadians in November
- Maria Ressa awarded Nobel Peace Prize
- CKJS radio switches to FM
- Leylah Fernandez
- Back to basics
- Canadians go to the polls September 20
- Manitoba Filipino Street Festival is a GO this year