First Filipino to travel
to every country in the world
Odette Ricasa became the first Filipino to travel to all the countries in the world when she arrived in Kurdistan, Iraq on 25th of August 2022.
At 77 years old, she has fulfilled a lifetime dream of visiting the 193 countries recognized by the United Nations. Prior to the onset of the pandemic, Odette was five countries short of finishing all the countries. She resumed her world travels in 2022 to complete the remaining destinations: Sudan, Chad, Central African Republic, Libya, and Iraq. She also finished visiting all seven continents back in 2015.
Based in Los Angeles, Odette is an active member of the Philippine Global Explorers travel community, where she heads the U.S West Coast chapter. She is a modern-day renaissance woman, an author of six travel books, a successful artist with over one hundred paintings, a motivational speaker, and a prolific piano player. Her mini biography and travel stories are featured in the book Galà: Adventures of the Most Well-Traveled Filipinos.
More Articles ...
- The CRS system and Express Entry selection
- Special measures to retain PGWP holders
- Premiers meet to discuss immigration
- Express Entry processing for Overseas Skilled Workers restored
- June 20th is World Refugee Day
- Enhancements to the Super Visa for parents and grandparents
- The sponsorship of spouses and partners
- Immigration backlogs and humanitarian support
- New immigration measures to address Canada’s labour shortage
- Sponsorship of a spouse/partner inside Canada and the SOWP
- International travelers and ways to overcome criminal inadmissibility
- IRCC responds to the war in Ukraine
- Immigration Levels Plan 2022 to 2024 revealed
- Improvement in immigration processing times promised
- Express Entry rumours
- Observations on the Express Entry Year-End Report 2020
- Canada sets a record in yearly landings
- Express Entry and PNP work together
- Immigration backlog reaches 1.8 million applications
- Inadmissibility on health grounds