Winnipeg Jets Filipino Heritage Night
Celebration of Filipino culture, November 8
The Winnipeg Jets will host their first Filipino Heritage Night on Tuesday, November 8, during a game against the Dallas Stars at 7:00 p.m.
The game will begin with a puck drop ceremony with members of the Filipino community including: Manny Aranez, Commissioner of the Philippine Basketball Association and recent inductee into the Basketball Manitoba Hall of Fame; Aida Champagne, of the Manitoba Filipino Street Festival; Rod Cantiveros, publisher of the Filipino Journal; and Ron Cailo, alumnus of the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Academy, which introduced him to the sport in Grade 3, shortly after he arrived in Canada, and led to a passion for hockey which now sees him playing as a goalie with the St. Paul’s Crusaders.
More Articles ...
- Scott Gillingham – Winnipeg’s new mayor
- Martial arts athletes win big in Ireland
- Philippines among “friendliest countries”
- Canada drops COVID-19 border and travel restrictions
- Manitoba’s new Senator
- Alexandra “Alex” Eala
- Bivalent COVID-19 vaccine
- Manitoba to mark September 19 as day of mourning to honour Queen Elizabeth II
- Jesse James Baris wins Pinoy Pop Star
- Province advises more monkeypox vaccination