Scientists are celebrating the discovery of the 38-centimetre (15-inch) baby whale shark - the tiniest living example of a species that typically grows to be as big as a bus. If all goes well, the docile little creature in the photo will one day measure 40 feet and weigh about 15 tons.
It definitely has a new lease on life after it was found Friday, March 6, 2009 with a rope tied around its tail, secured to a stick poked in the sand in a coastal town of Pilar near Donsol in Sorsogon province.
More Articles ...
- Meet the Pinoy Pop Star Finalists
- OFW remittances to the Philippines to fall in 2009
- Rare birds spotted in Pampanga
- Destination: Philippines
- Drive safely, pay less
- 311: The number to call
- Manitoba classrooms open in Manila
- Do these faces look familiar?
- Joe Sulit signs off from Good Morning Philippines
- Filipinos top national immigration stats