|PARANGAL – a tribute to the Filipino community
| WINNIPEG – The Winnipeg Filipino community marked its 50th anniversary in Manitoba with a free concert at the Pantages Theatre on Sunday October 25.
Billed as a tribute to the community, the Parangal Concert was the penultimate in a series of events organized by the Philippine Heritage Council of Manitoba (PHCM) to celebrate this anniversary year. Over 30 groups and individuals participated in the show with speeches from notables such as Manitoba Premier Greg Selinger, Fe Ryder – one of the first Filipino immigrants in Manitoba – and Dr. Irene Guzman.
See more photos in the Parangal Concert Gallery
More Articles ...
- Another typhoon threatens Philippines
- Commemorative tree planting at the PCCM
- Feds fast-track immigration for typhoon victims
- Winnipeg aid to Philippines
- Ondoy Aftermath
- Lea Salonga performs two sold out shows in Winnipeg
- Two Filipino indie films play at Toronto festival
- NABA Champions - Winnipeg teams win at North American tournament
- Matriarch of Magdaragat celebrates 100th birthday
- Bike-B-Q Funride