Philippines aids quake
victims in Türkiye
The Philippines sent an 82-member team to Türkiye to help earthquake victims. Filipino rescuers and medical personnel have been working under extreme cold weather conditions in one of the most devastated places in Türkiye.
Türkiye’s ambassador to the Philippines, Niyazi Evren Akyol on Monday, February 13, thanked the Philippine government and the Filipino people for sending people and resources to aid his country following a massive earthquake that left thousands of people dead and reduced many homes and infrastructure to rubble.
The envoy expressed his country’s gratitude to the Filipino people after Speaker Ferdinand Martin G. Romualdez turned over USD100,000 in financial assistance for Türkiye earthquake victims.
More Articles ...
- Premier Stefanson overhauls cabinet
- Marcos visits Ranara’s wake, vows support
- Maria Ressa, Rappler cleared of tax evasion charges
- Manitoba to recruit nurses in the Philippines
- 2023 is Year of the White Rabbit
- Traslación 2023
- Kraken – the new COVID subvariant
- Bill proposes intervention for “left-behind” families of OFWs
- New Year 2023
- Maligayang Pasko 2022