Canada drops COVID-19
border and travel restrictions
Effective October 1st, Canadians can travel and explore the world again without restrictions. However, it is still highly recommended that we continue to do our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19, by getting vaccinated and boosted, using high quality and well-fitted masks where appropriate, and self-isolating if we have symptoms.
After two and a half years, travel restrictions are lifted. The Government of Canada has removed all COVID-19 entry restrictions, as well as testing, quarantine, and isolation requirements for anyone entering Canada, effective October 1, 2022.
The government announcement pointed to several factors behind the removal of border measures, including modelling that indicates that Canada has largely passed the peak of the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 fuelled wave, Canada’s high vaccination rates, lower hospitalization and death rates, as well as the availability and use of vaccine boosters (including the new bivalent formulation), rapid tests, and treatments for COVID-19.
More Articles ...
- Manitoba’s new Senator
- Alexandra “Alex” Eala
- Bivalent COVID-19 vaccine
- Manitoba to mark September 19 as day of mourning to honour Queen Elizabeth II
- Jesse James Baris wins Pinoy Pop Star
- Province advises more monkeypox vaccination
- Don’t miss the Pinoy Pop Star Grand Final!
- Van Gogh exhibit continues to amaze visitors
- Folklorama is back!
- Pinoy Pop Star Grand Final August 26