Loralee wins back-to-back FSL championships
Loralee won their first Filipino Softball League championship in 2016 and they did it again this year at the Northwood Community Centre Park on September 10.
The team finished fourth in the regular season standings and faced tough opposition in the semi-finals, but they managed to pull off a surprising upset win over the top-ranked Sarte team.
This put Loralee up against the young and talented team of La Familia in an intense double-overtime championship game that could have gone either way. In the end, Loralee won the day with a final score of 16 to 13.
Congratulations to the whole Loralee team – especially manager Loreto Opinga; Finals MVP, John Aaron; and Regular Season MVP, Edwin Dipasupil.
– From a report by Manny Arañez
More Articles ...
- Winnipeg teams bring home gold and silver from FBA-NA championships
- Winnipeg teams in 2017 NABA tournament
- Fil-Cans in the Canada Summer Games
- Shawn Maranan sets pace for Team Manitoba
- Neepawa Filipino Basketball League Championship Games
- Philippine Basketball Association finals
- Golfing for charity
- Nilo Moncal South Saskatchewan Chess Championship
- First Annual Villamor Friendship Tournament
- DMCI volleyball teams retain city titles